ss_blog_claim=2c5faffa5fc090bdfc0171aeb30e392d Santa Luzia: Natal e Ano Novo em Portugal

Saturday 17 December 2011

Natal e Ano Novo em Portugal

Christmas is coming, 
The goose is getting fat,
We're spending it in Portugal this year,
How good is that?


Once again I have for too long neglected the blog and once again I apologise unreservedly to those of you who follow my scribblings on a regular basis.
Since my last posting we have in fact visited SL a couple of times the last one being at the end of  November as I changed my occupation yet again.
Almost 2 years at the airport working 4 days on and 2 days off with starting and finishing times more often than not at "daft O'clock" finally got to not me, but Joan.
Discussions (arguments??) were had and and a decision (ultimatum??) was reached that I would seek alternative employment.
A brief search resulted in my talents being seized upon by  Leeds College of Building, where, since the 5th of December I have been employed as a Facilities Assistant.
My initial dismay at having to leave my beloved airport job slowly evaporated as I considered the college central heating, subsidised canteen,  and more importantly the work free weekends and extensive list of public holidays when the establishment is closed, often for 2 days!
The first of these holidays being Christmas I quickly worked out that by using just 5 days of my newly acquired annual leave I could finish work on 23rd December and not return until 9th January.
I fly out to Portugal at 18-30 on the 23rd and will remain until 6th January.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stewart. Ive recently discovered your blog and wonder if you can help with a little problem we have when staying in Santa Luzia? We have been so far unable to find a wi-fi hot spot in the village and have to drive to Tavira to email or whatsapp our children. Do you have any advice for us? Our next visit will be in April. Best wishes,
Janet

Unknown said...

Ria Cafe on the promenade(sandwiched between the Farmacia and cafe Santa Luzia) has a free WiFi connection.
Bar R&M has a pay as you go internet terminal which gives you about 30 mins for 1 euro.
We purchased a dongle from the vodafone shop which operates on pay as you go the dongle costs 30 euros and airtime is 1 euro per hour. Joan and I will be in SL from 30th March to 15th April, listen out for the Yorkshire accents (pretty unmistakable) and say hello!!